Financial Analyst II - Clinical Trial Financial Management
Job Number: 1900001K
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 423000 - PD-Department Administration
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Experience with Clinical Research Finance, negotiating budgets with sponsors and setting up and using tracking tools for project management. Responsible for tracking payments and billing sponsors. Will manage all aspects of assigned accounts including related contracting grants. Must be extremely organized and proficient and independent in using excel to create workbook tools to manage project finances. Previous experience in an academic medical research environment preferred.
- Completes variety of monthly financial management reports and reviews all reports for errors and inconsistencies; analyzes variations in forecasts and actual performance; determines reasons for variance; develops recommendations for improvement; completes written summaries of financial data.
- Prepares monthly financial reports, schedules for annual financial reports, and reports to various government agencies, ensuring conformance of such reports with applicable procedures and regulations of University of Texas System and Federal and State agencies concerned.
- Identifies areas of poor performance, presents findings, and makes recommendations to upper management.
- Prepares financial models and conducts financial analyses.
- May maintain controls for policies and procedures for financial systems; develops and maintains delegation of authority on various procedures, such as check requests, refunds, invoice approvals, bad debt write-offs, etc.
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to aneducational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to allmembers of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law,the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on thebasis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexualharassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, itis UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexualorientation, gender identity, or gender expression.