Financial Analyst II - Neuroscience Translational Research Center
Job Number: 19000019
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 241513 - NE Accounting Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Analyst position will be supporting the Neuroscience Translational Research Center (NTRC). Research Administration experience a plus and Strong attention to detail - required
- Completes variety of monthly financial management reports and reviews all reports for errors and inconsistencies; analyzes variations in forecasts and actual performance; determines reasons for variance; develops recommendations for improvement; completes written summaries of financial data.
- Prepares monthly financial reports, schedules for annual financial reports, and reports to various government agencies, ensuring conformance of such reports with applicable procedures and regulations of University of
- Texas System and Federal and State agencies concerned.
Identifies areas of poor performance, presents findings, and makes recommendations to upper management.
- Prepares financial models and conducts financial analyses.
- May maintain controls for policies and procedures for financial systems; develops and maintains delegation of authority on various procedures, such as check requests, refunds, invoice approvals, bad debt write-offs, etc.
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.