Fire Protection -Program Manager (Life Safety)
Job Number: 529333
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 8200 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, TX
Department: 400710 - Safety and Business Continuity
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Inspect fire alarm and fire suppression systems, and portable fire extinguishers; fire protection project development; conduct annual fire drills in all buildings; maintain and create necessary databases, report problems and recommend solutions appropriately.
- Review drawings and specifications for new construction and renovation projects; review and evaluate building acquisitions from a life safety and fire code standpoint; write reports and make recommendations appropriately.
- Interpret fire and life safety codes relative to specific situations and inquiries.
- Utilize AutoCAD and similar university wide software programs as part of the maintenance of the necessary campus information.
- Administer contracts and oversee outside fire protection contractors working on campus.
- Interact productively with every employee level within UT Southwestern, other Environmental Health and Safety programs, and the Dallas Fire Department.
- Issue necessary fire prevention permits to internal employees and external contractors on campus.
- Develop, conduct, or supervise training courses tailored to appropriate departments or groups within UT Southwestern regarding fire and life safety.
- Participate in the management and activities of the campus emergency response duties which include fire, hazardous materials, and incident management.
- Supervise staff of three or more employees.
- Position requires 24/7 on-call emergency response.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.