GME Program Coordinator II - EM General Emergency
Job Number: 372868
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 413004 - EM-General Emergency Medicine
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
1. Coordinates and oversees the daily operations and activities of the GME residency/fellowship program(s) and may be in conjunction with other levels of GME Program Coordinators/Administrators.
2. Assists the GME Program Director and or other levels of GME Program Coordinators or Administrators in the design, implementation and management of the administrative/academic operations of the program.
3. Coordinates educational activities (e.g., didactic conference schedule, Grand Rounds, etc.) that support the program's curriculum and adhere to ACGME requirements.
4. Provides guidance to residents/fellows on program and GME policies, and non-clinical aspects of the program.
5. Interprets ACGME requirements, UTSW GME policies and procedures, and other regulatory policies and procedures to recommend and assist with development of program-level policies and procedures.
6. Advise and consult on issues or inquiries from residents/fellows, faculty, staff and department chairs.
7. Manage confidential and critical materials, issues and communications. Act as liaison between the Program Director and a full range of internal and external offices and individuals.
8. Administer and maintain the MedHub Residency Management System for the program, including maintaining resident/fellow demographics data; resident/fellow schedules, importing program and rotation goals and objectives; conferences attendance tracking; and ensuring timely completion of duty hour reports.
9. Identify areas for programmatic improvements and recommend initiatives to address program weaknesses.
10. Provide general guidance regarding accreditation and program management to the Program Director, other levels of GME Program Coordinators/Administrators, and department constituents.
11. Assist Program Director in development of program evaluations that measure resident/fellow performance, faculty performance, educational content of rotations, and the program, ensuring these are written in competency-based language, as necessary.
12. Administer the evaluation process for the program in MedHub, and ensure timely completion by evaluators.
13. Coordinates accreditation activities including ACGME Site Visits, Internal Reviews, annual program reviews, etc.
14. Assists the Program Director by monitoring and reporting Resident Wellness outcomes to ensure compliance.
15. Coordinates the resident/fellow recruitment and selection process and appointment process for incoming trainees in coordination with policies and procedures provided by the UTSW GME Office and respective hospital GME Offices.
16. Assists the Program Director and faculty in planning program quality improvement projects.
17. Assists with and maintains program letters of agreement for all required activities at outside institutions.
18. Tracks, documents, and reports on educational activities for residents, for the purpose of meeting board certification requirements, meeting program accreditation requirements, and complying with the policies and procedures of the Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME).
19. Utilizes systems and reporting to inform the GME Program Director of program compliance with organizations such as ACGME, AMA, NRMP, and any other program-level related organizations.
20. Utilizes the resident management system (MedHub) to record and maintain all aspects of the residents/fellows training experience(s), including demographics, scholarly activity (including faculty), procedure certification, performance/semi/summative evaluations, block/shift/clinic schedule, and duty hours.
21. Maintains working relationships with the Office of GME to remain compliant with all necessary requirements for all residents/fellows, visiting residents, and faculty.
22. Coordinates, organizes, and schedules GME program events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, retreats, conferences and various meetings. Prepares and distributes materials for conferences and lectures.
23. Attend and or present at local, state, and national GME and ACGME conferences.
24. Collaborate with national colleagues, become active in national organizations (eg., specialty associations, TAGME).
25. Provides direction and mentorship to other levels of GME Program Coordinators.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.