Grants and Contract Specialist - Senior - RA-Department Administration
Job Number: 1900001A
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 428000 - RA-Department Administration
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Gathers and provides information regarding funding opportunities and application procedures to applicants by reading newsletters and announcements, search directories, funding files, and other relevant resources.
- Provides guidance to researchers for proposal development and submission by interpreting and ensuring adherence to sponsor and university announcements and guidelines.
- Provides grants management support to researchers by negotiating and processing awards, interpreting award conditions, obtaining approvals for award modifications, and completing required reports.
- Negotiates contracts with various agencies (state and federal government, private organizations), pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnological companies to achieve agreements satisfactory to all parties.
- May draft entire contracts of various types following state laws and Board of Regents guidelines.
- Provides working supervision to Grants and Contracts Specialist and administrative positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to aneducational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to allmembers of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law,the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on thebasis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexualharassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, itis UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexualorientation, gender identity, or gender expression.