Grants and Contracts Specialist Senior - Digestive and Liver Disease
Job Number: 370264
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 415016 - IM-Digest & Liver
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history recordinformation
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, orrelated field and four (4) years experience in business or publicadministration with emphasis on customer service in financial or contractingposition. Certified Research Administrator (CRA) designation preferred.
This position will: Prepare and submit all grants federal andnon-federal for all faculty in the division; Input, rebudgets, continuations,and modifications for all faculty grants; Input eAgreement information for allSubawards under the faculty grants; Provide budget details to admin staff forM&O spending, animals, etc. for proper management of funds; Maintaindatabase of faculty grants submitted and received; Ability to work independentlyas well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, andfaculty (externally and internally); Prepare reports for monthly financialmeeting with faculty and direct admin to reclass any non-allowable expenses;Close out financials grants and clinical trials.
- Gathers and provides information regarding funding opportunities andapplication procedures to applicants by reading newsletters and announcements,search directories, funding files, and other relevant resources.
- Provides guidance to researchers for proposal development and submissionby interpreting and ensuring adherence to sponsor and university announcementsand guidelines.
- Provides grants management support to researchers by negotiating andprocessing awards, interpreting award conditions, obtaining approvals for awardmodifications, and completing required reports.
- Negotiates contracts with various agencies (state and federal government,private organizations), pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnologicalcompanies to achieve agreements satisfactory to all parties.
- May draft entire contracts of various types following state laws andBoard of Regents' guidelines.
- Provides working supervision to Grants and Contracts Specialist andadministrative positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational andworking environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of theUniversity community. In accordance with federal and state law, the Universityprohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race;color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age;disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteranstatus. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibitdiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or genderexpression.