Grants and Contracts Specialist Senior - Internal Medicine - Autophagy Research Center
Job Number: 372014
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 415013 - IM-Autophagy Rsch Ctr
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- Strong financial and post award management experience
- Gathers and provides information regarding funding opportunities and application procedures to applicants by reading newsletters and announcements, search directories, funding files, and other relevant resources.
- Provides guidance to researchers for proposal development and submission by interpreting and ensuring adherence to sponsor and university announcements and guidelines.
- Provides grants management support to researchers by negotiating and processing awards, interpreting award conditions, obtaining approvals for award modifications, and completing required reports.
- Negotiates contracts with various agencies (state and federal government, private organizations), pharmaceutical companies, and biotechnological companies to achieve agreements satisfactory to all parties.
- May draft entire contracts of various types following state laws and Board of Regents' guidelines.
- Provides working supervision to Grants and Contracts Specialist and administrative positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.