Job Number: 369845
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 526010 - Landscape Services
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or GED.
- Six (6) months experience as Groundskeeper Assistant or equivalent, and valid State of Texas Drivers License required.
- Cultivates, prunes, sprays, fertilizes, plants, and transplants wide variety of shrubs, plants, trees, and flowers.
- Waters shrubbery, hedges, seedlings, flowers, and lawns.
- Prepares proagation beds, potting materials, and tropical plantings.
- Pots, sprays, and waters greenhouse plants, flowers, and shrubs.
- Cuts grass using power or hand mowers.
- Trims and edges sidewalks, driveways, and flower beds.
- Cuts weeds and brush, and removes leaves and rubbish from grounds.
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.