Information Resources - Associate Vice President Academic & Administrative Resources
Job Number: 529338
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 101680 - IR-Academic & Admin Infrmtn Rs
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Master’s degree in a field requiring computer-based quantitative methodologies and services and ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in development and management of heath care technology systems.
- Directs and oversees the design, development, procurement, implementation, and management of central information technology applications supporting the academic and administrative missions of the University.
- Facilitates integration of applications across the University and partner institutions.
- Responsible for management of capital and operating budgets associated with central information systems and applications.
- Supports initiatives developed by the offices of the Vice President of Information Resources, University Provost, and Executive Vice President of Business Affairs.
- Works under minimal supervision to direct and coordinate functions related to the central information technology applications supporting the academic and administrative missions of the University.
- Coordinates activities of related departments to ensure smooth operation and cooperation among diverse functions.
- Develops, supports, and participates in appropriate mechanisms for stakeholder input and governance.
- Engages in long-range planning to ensure appropriate expansion of related information technology applications and systems.
- Recommends priorities for resource allocation among diverse areas.
- Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Work requires good interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Work requires ability to manage multiple projects.
- Work requires demonstrated ability to coordinate, plan, and direct complex information technology projects for large organization.
- Work requires skills in development of cost sharing models and contracts, and development of management and support processes.
- Work requires knowledge of Texas State regulatory requirements, which affect information technology.
- Work requires telephone and personal contact with all levels of internal and external personnel and organizations.
- Work requires ability to read, write, develop plans and procedures, and coordinate persons and other resources to accomplish goals.
- Work requires responsibility for review, development, recommendation, and implementation of policies.
- Work requires ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Work requires exercise of considerable judgment and great attention to detail.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.