Internal Audit Manager
Job Number: 528264
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 100805 - Ofc of Internal Audit
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Manages multiple audit and related projects to assure that professional standards are met and that Department resources are effectively and efficiently utilized.
- Assesses risks and evaluates the business procedures and systems controls designed to mitigate those risks.
- Works to improve the control environment at UT Southwestern Medical Center to ensure more effective and efficient accomplishment of the audit plan.
- Interacts with and builds good working relationships with UT Southwestern Medical Center management at both the senior and departmental level on an on-going basis and though such activities as serving on institutional task forces, and with other University of Texas component institutions' internal audit departments. The individual is expected to act as a value-add Business partner (while maintaining objectivity and independence).
- Participates in a management team which administers department planning and budget development.
- Leads the annual risk assessment process and provides input in the development of annual long-range audit plans for presentation to the Audit Committee.
- Evaluates efficiency and cost effectiveness of audit processes; recommend changes to auditing policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- Administers in other areas such as external audit liaison, quality assurance management, research of significant purchases, coordinating in-house training, and/or orientation programs and fulfilling certain transaction approval functions on a back-up basis.
- Adheres to internal controls established for the department. Keeps informed of and advises staff about departmental policies and professional auditing standards that need to be incorporated into their activities.
- Manages Human Resources activities for direct reports in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations and salary planning.
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the department's Director(s) in their absence.
- Works on special projects at the request of the Director.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.