Senior Internal Auditor
Job Number: 75902
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 104000 - Internal Audit
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, information systems or related area; Five (5) or more years professional experience to include at least two (2) years audit experience is required, preferably with some public accounting or consulting experience.
Master's degree or professional certification is preferred as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). Healthcare or higher education industry experience is highly desirable.
- Conducts audits of assigned departmental, financial, compliance, and operational activities in accordance with Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA), UT System, and departmental standards.
- Evaluates effectiveness of management controls and determines compliance with all applicable regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Develops and reviews audit programs and reports, including audit findings and recommendations for specific action.
- Provides working supervision to assigned auditors, including performance evaluations at completion of each audit.
- Prepares and reviews work papers as basis for supporting work performed, conclusions drawn, and findings and recommendations included in audit report.
- Remains abreast of current developments in auditing.
- Conducts or assists in investigation of alleged theft, misuse of funds, or other defalcations, determines cause, extent of loss, and means of prevention.
- Maintains effective working relationships with audit personnel to achieve objectives of auditing assignments.
- Assists in performing special reviews and analyses.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.