Laboratory Technical Assistant I - Pharmacology - Smith Lab
Job Number: 528162
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 232185 - Smith Lab
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Prepares laboratory specimens.
- Assembles and operates standard laboratory equipment.
- Collects and records data which may involve arithmetic computations.
- Prepares standard reagents and culture media.
- Examines experimentally infected laboratory animals to detect and record symptoms associated with variety of animal diseases.
- Weighs, positions, and performs pre-operative shaving of animals.
- Takes vital signs of animals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.