Licensing Associate - Technology Development
Job Number: 365660
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 101000 - Technology Development
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Responsible for negotiating licenses of assigned intellectual properties in areas of biotechnology, medical devices, and copyrighted material.
Assists in initial evaluation of new intellectual properties.
- Manages and markets intellectual property developed by university investigators/inventors; prepares marketing materials.
- Identifies companies best suited for commercial development of intellectual property consistent with university's licensing strategy.
- Performs follow-up on licensing opportunities.
- Interacts with university faculty to clarify descriptions of new technologies and obtain information concerning development of intellectual property and its commercial potential.
- Assists in monitoring and enforcing completed agreements, including requests for information and financial compliance.
- Interacts with Office of Contracts Management to coordinate completion of proposed license agreements with existing or ongoing sponsored research, collaborative research, and/or materials transfer agreements.
- Enters license information into database.
- Develops policies, procedures, and strategies in conjunction with supervisor and co-workers for assessment and management of intellectual properties, prospective licensees, and licensees.
- Performs problem solving with faculty, administration, licensees, and prospective licensees as necessary.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.