Manager Education Program -Ophthalmology
Job Number: 372001
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 419000 - OP-Department Administration
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years progressive administrative financial and supervisory experience required.
- Master's Degree in Education preferred and can substitute towards some years of experience.
- Directs administrative strategies, and develops and implements systems to enhance the operations of local and national education programs. Must be accountable for all three education areas (UME, GME, CME) and manage a staff of at least 6 (direct and indirect).
- Works directly with Vice Chair of Education, the Program Directors and the Graduate Medical Education office, creates administrative structures to assess and improve the performance of trainees. Acquires and analyzes data, implements web technology, and develops and implements policies and procedures in response to guidelines and regulations. Acts as project manager for implementing exams and achievement-related activities during the year.
- Oversees financial planning, monitors and maintains annual operating budgets for residency and multiple fellowship programs. Gathers development plans from the various program directors, identifies equipment purchasing, programmatic expenditures and submits annual budget to the Department for approval. Ensures effective management of fund level professional expenses, approves expense requests, and monitors balances available to ensure positive cash flow.
- Responsible for managing staff: interviews and hires staff, reviews and evaluates staff performance, determines corrective actions plans; and manages employee discipline and grievances. Plans for staff development, conducts annual evaluations, providing critical feedback, arranging training both internal and external. Promoting department identity across other functional areas of the department.
- Oversees the residency and fellowship recruitment processes. Develops training, designs and implements systems and procedures, and coordinates activities of Program Specialists to effectively manage the entire recruitment process. Stays current on systems, trains staff, and provides for the input of the faculty in ongoing improvements.
- Responsible for all aspects of university and hospital appointments and re-appointments for residents; oversees appointment of Fellows. Ensures processes are executed for appointments and rotations at multiple venues outside UT Southwestern. Responsible for ensuring timely resident and faculty compliance.
- Oversees residency and fellowship training effectiveness reporting. Designs and implements resident, faculty and rotation evaluation processes to solicit appropriate information. Designs and runs reports to track residency competencies across the required regulatory milestones. Provides analysis and trends to faculty and committees to enhance education for residents, fellows and medical students.
- Coordinates the direction of educational programming, communicating across the sub-specialties and the numerous faculty involved in arranging and accommodating lecturers throughout the academic year. Ensures the process of educational programming is smooth and that all requirements are met for CME programming in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) General and Special Requirements and ACGE/Residency Review Committee- Specialty regulations and recommendations to ensure favorable judgments on audits, re-accreditation and recertification criteria for the Residency and the fellowship programs. Stays current on American Board policies and recommendations, as well as all necessary systems and technologies, to ensure accurate evaluation and tracking of residents and fellows through their programs. Oversees documentation of eligibility of specialty and subspecialty certification of residents and fellows. Designs training for staff and directly implements procedures and systems to ensure compliance. Acts as the administrative contact person to external agencies.
- May be responsible for volunteer faculty oversight including credentialing and privileges.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.