Manager Information Resources Sr. - IR-AAIR Operations
Job Number: 362360
Category: Information Technology
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 522005 - IR-AAIR Operations
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Manages one or more technically complex sections or divisions of Information Resources, utilizing effective management, communication, consulting, and customer service skills.
- Develops, revises, implements, recommends, and interprets policies, procedures, and complex projects for sections(s) to ensure all applicable laws, governmental guidelines, and university policies are followed and that employees are treated in equitable manner.
- Manages and coordinates various complex projects and development programs for section(s) by ensuring all tasks are completed within established deadlines.
- Consults with campus departments in assessing complex technical requirements that meet needs of their operation.
- Completes work specific to assigned section using appropriate advanced technologies and effective communication skills.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Develops and maintain relationships with faculty members, providers and physicists to create a functional IT-Provider interface
- Responsible for the execution, and effectiveness of a system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- Oversees the administration of applications, reporting sites and document repository for one of more departments, including inventory control.
- Develops and maintain relationships with external vendors
- Responsible for working closely with IR’s functional towers such as Information Security, Network services, Data Hall etc.
- Manages and implements IR standard images for all computers in department.
- Manages department’s compute and storage needs for all clinical and research departmental applications.
- Maintains and supports disaster recovery plans for critical applications.
- Manages the small in-house data room.
- Manages department dashboards and whiteboards, including digital signage and reporting.
- Responsible for the design and oversight of system/application issue reporting processes within the department.
- Regularly contacts IT customers and surveys the effectiveness of support activities.
- Manages utilization of various resources to maintain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives.
- Manages and coaches supervisors, and/or staff, and provides ongoing feedback to support professional development within the team.
- Performs other duties as assigned
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.