Manager - Registered Nurse - Infusion Clinic - Simmons Cancer Center
Job Number: 334972
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 867502 - SCC-HEM-ONC INFU
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Minimum of five (5) years current experience as a registered nurse, with two (2) years recent progressive nursing leadership experience required .
Graduate of accredited school of nursing; . BSN required, MSN preferred.
Basic Life Support through American Heart Association required.
1. Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall annual Hospital performance improvement targets.
2. Meets or exceeds financial goals and objectives of the department.
3. Oversees and manages all Simmons Cancer Center infusion services personnel; oversees patient-directed transfusion care services in all SCC clinic, including main UTSW campus and all satellite clinics.
4. Responsible for budget and operational input to Director, Oncology Ambulatory services; accountable for operational resources and costs of infusion services.
5. Manages Process Improvement and oversees quality and regulatory compliance.
6. Participates in routine and special care conferences.
Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.