Job Number: 366999
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 510003 - Materials Management Operation
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- High school graduation or equivalent and prior experience working on computers using ERP/WMS platforms.
- Must be able to lift/move 75 lbs.
- Must have possession of valid State of Texas motor vehicle operator's license when required by employing department.
- Preferred experience includes: Experience using Microsoft office products; use of Fork lift, Electric Pallet Jacks and Manual Pallet Jacks.
- A Commercial Driver's License or ability to obtain license within a specified time may be required if operating certain vehicles.
- Unloads FedEx, UPS and Common Carrier trailers; inspects merchandise for damage; gathers pack lists and pertinent information to accurately determine recipient; and generates receiving documents and receipts.
- Process all boxes, cartons, envelopes and vendor shipping containers using computer to enter information from purchase orders and memos; generates and attaches bar code tracking labels.
- Problem solves PO's that cannot be processed due to missing information (20% of responsibilities if working at exception desk).
- Assist and direct customer related phone calls that are received on phone in proximity.
- Enters receiving information from receiving reports into PeopleSoft or SC Logistics delivery system and sorts completed work onto appropriate skid for delivery.
- Delivers merchandise using fleet truck by loading and off-loading merchandise from trucks using variety of means including forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual loading techniques.
- Restocks General Stores with product in correct bin locations and picks customer orders with correct product and correct quantity.
- Utilizes computer printout sheet and/or handheld device to determine, document and replenished supply quantities. Completes cycle counting and inventory adjustments.
- Answers department phone and resolves phone related issues in a timely and professional manner.
- May help train less experienced Material Technicians.
- Ensures storage areas and stock rooms are maintained in clean and tidy condition.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.