Materials Technician SR
Job Number: 375007
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844550 - Warehouse-Zale
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Inventories and stocks all par locations as assigned. Ensures that par carts are neat and organized and products are in the correct bin locations. Recommends par level changes as appropriate. Ensures that excess product is removed and credited to the unit. Communicates product changes, stockouts, and backorders to the Nursing Managers.
- Fill supply orders and distribute supplies throughout the hospital.
- Deliver equipment, make rounds for and decontaminate used equipment as specified by department and hospital.
- Replenish stocked supplies in correct bin locations, rotating stock and checking expiration date. Shelves and bins are properly labeled. Ensures that no supplies are on the floor, if so remove the items from the unit for disposal.
- Practices inventory control by assuring all items leaving the department or returning for credit are properly issued and expensed.
- Responds to phone and fax requests in a timely manner.
- Assures the accuracy of par orders pulled for or from off-site facility.
- Able to perform 6 out 9 of the following functions proficiently; Par Scanning, replenish pars, nurse server replenishment, special order support for patient care ordering, order picking (VLM, BMSYS AND Horizontal), receiving, put away and warehouse support.
- Assists with patient equipment delivery, cleaning and processing.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Participates in quarterly inventory, assuring accurate counts.
- Assists with projects as necessary.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.