Medical Dosimetrist I
Job Number: 529833
Category: Allied Health
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 239224 - Mdcl Physcs & Engnrng KRonos
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Registered as Radiation Therapy Technologist, certification as Medical Dosimetrist by American Association of Medical Dosimetrists within four (4) years of becoming Medical Dosimetrist I, and two (2) years clinical experience as Radiation Therapy Technologist.
- Performs dosage calculations in patients' radiation therapy charts and verifies mathematical accuracy of all calculations.
- Performs manual or computerized planning of external beam treatments.
- Assists in planning and fabrication of compensating filters, custom shields, wedges, and other beam modifying devices.
- Assists in planning or production of molds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Provides technical assistance to therapeutic Radiological Physicist when requested in radiation protection, qualitative and quantitative machine calibrations, and quality assurance of radiation therapy equipment.
- Assists in application of specific methods of dosimetry (Ion Chamber, TLD, or film) to special clinical problems.
- Assists in intracavitary and interstitial sealed source procedures and in subsequent manual and/or computer calculations of dose distributions of procedures.
- Keeps current on new treatment planning techniques, devices, and methods.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.