Mobile Clinic Driver - Administrative Assistant - Ft. Worth - Moncrief Cancer Center
Job Number: 93029
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 400 W. Magnolia Avenue, Fort Worth, TX
Department: 371017 - SCC-Moncrief Cancer Institute
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
High school graduation or GED equivalent, and two (2) years experience in operation of an 18-wheeler or an 18-wheeler coach, as well as at least one (1) year general office or administrative experience required.
Current Texas Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL) required.
Healthcare experience preferred.
Work under general supervision to provide skilled services involved in regular operation of a large (18-wheel) mobile clinic unit throughout the North Texas regions.
1. Drive to and from events SAFELY.
2. Review route to and from all events prior to the event to inspect for low overpasses and trees, construction, and obstacles preventing accessibility. Inspect each event site for the best parking location with regard to staff safety, restroom accessibility, site restrictions, and leveling requirements of the unit.
3. Prepare and distribute work orders for all events.
4. Turn the x-ray unit on each morning for warm up. Help technologist troubleshoot problems with the x-ray unit if needed.
5. Attend client meetings with the coordinators when needed for site approval.
6. Help maintain stock of forms, gowns, cleaning supplies, etc. on the mobile clinic.
7. Regular maintenance of the vehicle including maintaining fuel levels in truck, trailer, and chaser vehicle; perform biweekly generator maintenance; empty and refill water tanks; clean interior/exterior of mobile unit; and minor interior/exterior repairs as able. Delivery to maintenance vendor may also be required.
8. Locate and set up vendor accounts that would be necessary in an emergency situation.
9. Maintain records including event work order sheets, and vehicle mileage and maintenance logs for all vehicles as required by the state.
10. Fill in as necessary with Clinic Staff Assistant duties including acting as intake specialist on the mobile unit, preparing next day patient charts, completing confirmation calls, etc. Must maintain strict adherence to applicable local, state, and federal regulations as they pertain to patient care and privacy.
11. Assist with marketing activities including preparing and delivering posters & other materials, delivering service contracts, and creating and distributing public calendars to community contacts.
12. Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.