MSRDP Quality Assurance Specialist I - MSRDP Quality Assurance
Job Number: 180000DK
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 700634 - MSRDP - Quality Assurance
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Strongly preferred skills: Physician billing, auditing insurance follow-up and denials.
Experience and Education
High school diploma or equivalent (Associate's degree in health or science discipline preferred) and three (3) years' experience in two of the following areas of revenue cycle: billing, collections, payment posting, charge capture or coding experience in healthcare environment.
Minimum 6 months EPIC experience required.
- Performs Revenue Cycle audits on MSRDP employees for medical, surgical, and billing operational departments for complete/appropriate data elements, action, and documentation on patient accounts to ensure timely resolution of claims.
- Audits include technical and clinical denial workflows, with understanding of the revenue cycle from registration to adjudication.
- Researches issues, summarizes findings.
- Provides recommendations to management for training and coaching purposes.
- Keeps statistics and reports them to management for performance improvement opportunities.
- Handles critical workloads and/or department special projects as assigned.
- Investigates and responds to Quality Assurance inquiries, problems, questions or requests in timely and professional manner to ensure resolution.
- Process scheduled user audits timely and upon request, to support management of functions.
- Keeping all information regarding any audits and investigations in the
- Quality Assurance department in complete confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.