Ophthalmic Photographer -Angiographer
Job Number: 528054
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 240975 - Ophthlmlgy Clnc
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Coordinates patient scheduling for diagnostic photography and angiography of eye. Maintains patient records.
- Performs ophthalmic imaging and diagnostic studies as designated by the ordering physician, uploading images to the Electronic Medical Record for review. Reviews with ordering physician quality of work performed.
- Prepares photographic material for weekly Retina Conferences and ophthalmic photographic exhibits at meetings of ophthalmologist and/or ophthalmic photographers.
- Instructs resident physicians in fundus photography procedures.
- Maintains and repairs ophthalmic photography equipment at laboratory.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.