Job Number: 366035
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 526000 - Building Maintenance Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- Graduation from high school, vocational school, or equivalent and knowledge of paints and painting equipment (e.g. brush, roller, solvents, varnishes, lacquers, shellac, etc.) required.
- Six months experience as a painter in a commercial, institution or healthcare setting preferred.
- Prepares surfaces for paint, using sandpaper, steel wool, wire brushes, or paint remover. Fills nail holes, cracks and joints with putty, plaster, or other filler.
- Selects premixed paint or matches paint to specified colors. Applies paints, varnishes, shellacs, enamels, or other finishes.
- Erects scaffolding when necessary, and spreads cloths over floor and furniture to protect from splattered paint. Removes splattered paint upon completion of job.
- Cleans and cares for brushes, and rollers, and spray guns.
- Assists in determining and maintains time and material records for each job.
- May repair vinyl, ceramic, and carpet tiles.
- May install and repair vinyl cove base.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.