Part - Time RN Care Coordinator - Weekend Only!
Job Number: 370837
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844519 - Care Coordination
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Three years experience as a RN in specialty area.
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program, BSN required.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association.
- Leads multidisciplinary team developing, refining, updating, and communicating plan of care for defined patient population.
Implements clinical pathways including educational needs of patients/families, monitoring and updating for deviation from plan.
- Partners with community liaisons to proactively manage care transitions assuring seamless transitions between care settings and communications with ongoing providers.
- Collaborates with Social Work, Utilization Review, Clinical Documentation Specialists, and others as necessary to maximize financial/care resources for patient and family.
- Coordinates care with care team to maximize patient throughput and minimize length of stay.
- Rounds on patients daily to monitor & assure effective patient/family preparation for discharge assuring completion of learning/discharge objectives prior to time of planned discharge.
- Communicates effectively with other health care providers, patients, families, other hospital personnel and visitors.
- Demonstrates effective communication with adolescents, adults and older adults.
- Act as a liaison with various departments and ancillary services to ensure all pending orders and results are received in a timely manner.
- Ensures follow up appointments are scheduled prior to patient discharge.
- Responsible for ensuring that discharge instructions related to care coordination needs are documented in discharge instructions and that those elements are understood by patient and family/caregiver.
- Collaborates with physicians, unit manager, unit staff, and interdisciplinary team to ensure safe and timely discharge.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.