Patient Financial Services Rep III - Hospital experience preferred
Job Number: 69670
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844110 - Patient Financial Services
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Minimum 8 years hospital or medical billing experience.
High School Diploma. Bachelors preferred.
Knowledge of health insurance mechanisms and coverage is required. Effective oral and written communications skills (including grammar). Proficient keyboarding, accuracy and math aptitude skills. Compentencies: all payer classes, training, leadership.
- Ability to provide orientation and training for staff members on procedures, system functions, and activities required for essential PFS Representative functions. Exhibiting professional behavior and supports leadership in the team. Is designated as a TEAM LEAD or a SWAT TEAM role, as determined by management at the time of placement into this PFS III role. Will provide direction to ensure staff stays on track with management directives.
- Compiles and monitors daily production reports for work group, advise supervisor of performance deficiencies, and system/procedural issues with require analysis and resolution; makes recommendations for re-training of employees.
- Display compentency and ability to work within client based, research, and UTSW special arrangements. This includes, but is not limited to: calculating the physician and hospital share and working with MSP to transfer the physician's share to that department, working with other departments at UTSW to properly invoice clients and bill claims for proper adjudication per our agreements.
- Be knowledgable on all payer types and effectively work on special projects for specific initiatives for account resolution projects. Demonstrate confident leadership for the teams and sound decision making for processing through large volumes of denials, complex accounts, or contractual reviews, as identified from strategic leadership requirements.
- Make necessary adjustments as required by plan reimbursement.
- Function as a departmental liaison for billing and collections support for internal and external customers, as required.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.