Patient Financial Services Rep III - Hospital experience preferred
Job Number: 180000F9
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844110 - Patient Financial Services
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position issecurity-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizesUT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Minimum 8 years hospitalor medical billing experience.
High School Diploma. Bachelors preferred.
Knowledge of health insurance mechanisms and coverage is required. Effectiveoral and written communications skills (including grammar). Proficientkeyboarding, accuracy and math aptitude skills. Compentencies: all payerclasses, training, leadership.
- Ability to provideorientation and training for staff members on procedures, system functions, andactivities required for essential PFS Representative functions. Exhibitingprofessional behavior and supports leadership in the team. Is designated as aTEAM LEAD or a SWAT TEAM role, as determined by management at the time ofplacement into this PFS III role. Will provide direction to ensure staff stayson track with management directives.
- Compiles and monitorsdaily production reports for work group, advise supervisor of performancedeficiencies, and system/procedural issues with require analysis andresolution; makes recommendations for re-training of employees.
- Display compentency andability to work within client based, research, and UTSW special arrangements.This includes, but is not limited to: calculating the physician and hospitalshare and working with MSP to transfer the physician's share to thatdepartment, working with other departments at UTSW to properly invoice clientsand bill claims for proper adjudication per our agreements.
- Be knowledgable on allpayer types and effectively work on special projects for specific initiativesfor account resolution projects. Demonstrate confident leadership for the teamsand sound decision making for processing through large volumes of denials,complex accounts, or contractual reviews, as identified from strategicleadership requirements.
- Make necessaryadjustments as required by plan reimbursement.
- Function as adepartmental liaison for billing and collections support for internal and externalcustomers, as required.
- Other Duties: Performsother duties as assigned.
UTSouthwesternMedical Center is committed to an educational and working environment thatprovides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. Inaccordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawfuldiscrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion;national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability;citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policyto prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity,or gender expression.