Payment Application Specialist II - MSRDP Rev Acct Admin
Job Number: 342353
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 700625 - MSRDP Rev Acct Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Posts payments received from insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, direct patient payments, etc. to invoices which may involve: contacting insurance companies, patients and/or other insurance carriers to resolve questions to which invoice payments should be posted.
- Updates Financial Status Classification (FSC) of patients, prepares journal vouchers and generates invoices.
- Analyzes automatic processes for correctness and posts all edits and rejects as required. Posts rejected and pre-post edits manually for payments received electronically with knowledge of electronic positing and reconciliation process.
- Researches problem accounts in order to properly post payments. Elevates appropriate positing issues to management.
- Balances all batches and resolves discrepancies.
- Investigates and resolves unidentified transactions no later than the fifth day of the following month in which they are received, according to departmental procedures.
- Investigates and resolves reactivated account transactions no later than two business days from the date in which they are received, according to departmental procedures.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.