Plumber -Hospital Facilities
Job Number: 375731
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 526000 - Building Maintenance Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent and
- Three (3) years journeyman level experience as plumber in a commercial, institution or healthcare setting.
- Must have current Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners journeymans licensure as a Plumber in appropriate level and field of work.
- Installs, repairs and maintains piping systems and plumbing fixtures, inspecting connections and other parts for leaks; replaces defective pipe and solders and/or caulks leaks and broken pipes.
- Cuts, bends and threads pipe, fitting valves and couplings to pipe sections by screwing, bolting or soldering and wipes lead joints.
- Installs pipe assemblies and plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, showers, emergency eye-washes, special laboratory equipment, water heaters, etc., roughing-in when needed.
- Clears clogged lines.
- Repairs autoclaves and other sterlizing equipment, hot water units, and gas heaters and checks for safe operation.
- Assists in estimating and maintains required time and material records for each job.
- Utilizes PPE and protects job sites from sewer line discharge/spillage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.