Job Number: 528687
Category: Campus Services
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 401210 - Univ Police Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Must possess valid Texas driver's license and acceptable UT System Driver Rating. Successful candidates must sign educational agreement that generally states that training expenses will be reimbursed to the University in event officer resigns prior to completion of two-year commitment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a verified negative drug screen.
- Attends classes and maintains comprehensive notebooks. Completes homework assignments.
- Participates in physical training program, firearms training, defensive tactics program, and practical problems. Actively participates in classroom discussions and group projects.
- Complies with established rules and regulations governing the Police Academy.
- Complies with assignments and instructions given by Director of Police, of University of Texas System, or by any members of Academy staff and/or Director/Staff of approved Academy.
- Adheres to respective component institution policies of police department relating to personal status and attendance at Academy.
- Adheres to the University of Texas System Police Code of Conduct and Rules and Regulations promulgated by Board of Regents of University of Texas System.
- Performs other related duties as required.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.