Power Plant Operator II -Hospital Facilities
Job Number: 374143
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 523001 - Hospital Facilities
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- High school diploma, GED, or vocational school and
- Three (3) years experience in operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, or industrial equipment is required. **CFC certification is required.** AND
- Preferred: Completion of certified operator program and experience in university physical plant environment.
- Starts up, shuts down, and adjusts power plant and/or chilling station equipment or systems in accordance with established operational and safety procedures.
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work areas. Monitors equipment and maintains records of equipment operational status.
- Modifies and changes graphics as systems change and are upgraded.
- Operates control computer systems. Troubleshoots and analyzes problems based on equipment operation records.
- Performs detailed inspections of operating equipment for proper operation.
- Informs appropriate personnel of unusual conditions, problems or deficiencies.
- Identifies and reports safety hazards and equipment malfunctions.
- Supervises support staff as needed. Attends meetings and training courses. Trains new personnel as required.
- May perform preventative or corrective maintenance tasks to operation of mechanical or electrical systems.
- May complete work orders using automated maintenance program systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.