Preventive Maintenance Technician II - Utility Operations HVAC
Job Number: 89944
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 524010 - Utility Operations HVAC
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
- Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
- Graduation from high school or vocational school.
- Four (4) years related work experiences are required or journeyman level experience, which includes two (2) years experience in skilled maintenance trade (PM, DI/RO, Air, Vac).
- Must have working knowledge of specialty tools (i.e. vibration analysis, laser alignments).
- Performs preventive maintenance on various buildings, systems, and equipment, such as electrical, air systems, deionized water system and plumbing systems, mechanical equipment, etc. and pro-actively maintains all aspects of assigned area of responsibility and consults with customers on priority of work and assume full ownership of customer problems and equipment breakdowns. Serves as liaison between customer and Facilities Management.
- Start up, shut down and adjust equipment or systems in accordance with established operational, safety procedures and complete all UT Southwestern required compliance training, and adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Inspects systems and equipment for proper lubrication, calibration, vibration, seal failures, etc. and performs detailed inspections of equipment for proper operation. Informs appropriate supervisory or managerial personnel of unusual conditions, problems or deficiencies and takes appropriate action.
- Performs duties associated with all crafts as developing skills safely allow and performs major repairs on technical systems and supporting equipment and performs preventative, predictive or corrective maintenance tasks as assigned and within timelines. Identifies maintenance needs and performs pro-active repairs before breakdown occurs.
- Support area shift coverage, after hours or extended projects as needed and assists in major maintenance repairs Trains and mentors new personnel in area of expertise as required. Teaches basic knowledge of codes and proper tool use. Reads and interprets and provides "marked up" blueprints / drawings for corrections when needed.
- Makes recommendations in writing regarding major repairs and/or variances in frequency and type of preventive maintenance scheduled and performs preventative, predictive or corrective maintenance tasks.
- Successfully participates in the Facilities Management sponsored in-house craft trade training program and attends maintenance training courses, area staff and safety meetings.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.