Program Coordinator/Accounting Director, Kidney Cancer Program
Job Number: 105461
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 415024 - IM-Hem Onc Kidney
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Relevant Masters or Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
Proven financial experienceworking knowledge of spreadsheets and thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel
CPA or CPA candidate strongly advantageous
Ability to analyze, strategize, and solve problems
Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
Attention to detail
The Kidney Cancer Program of UT Southwestern Medical Center, one of two programs in the US designated by the National Cancer Institute with a Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) Award, is seeking a Program Coordinator /Accounting Director to assist with the financial aspects of the program. The program builds on a legacy of exceptional patient survival, high patient satisfaction, and pioneering research.
- Develops and oversees program budget.
- Analyzes and evaluates program operations.
- Reconciles and prepares monthly and year-end financial reports.
- Manages and processes invoices, orders, and other transactions.
- Maintains internal accounting procedures, and develops workflows to maximize efficiency.
- Works closely with the Director of the Kidney Cancer Program to plan and revise budgets.
- Maintains, implements, and adheres to internal controls ensuring compliance with institutional and state agencies.
- Develops, cultivates, and maintains working relationships with internal/external departments/agencies and other organizations associated with the program.
**Other Duties: as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UT Southwestern Medical Center ranks among the top academic medical centers with more active Nobel Prize winners than any other medical school in the world. As a premier educational, clinical and research institution, UT Southwestern is home to more than 2,000 distinguished scientists, physicians and allied health professionals. Our University Hospital has achieved Magnet recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), joining only 7% of hospitals in the United States.
UT Southwestern is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.