Project Manager -Renovations
Job Number: 88684
Category: Skilled Trade/Facilities Mgmt.
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 525003 - Renovations %26 Minor Constr.
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Management preferred with a minimum of four (4) years of project management/construction experience required or equivalent industry related experience and knowledge without a degree.
- Design and Construction experience with academic healthcare and/or research facilities and/or project management/construction management experience with a focus in healthcare, academic, and/or research facilities preferred.
- Responsible for overall project management to include scope definition, budgets, change orders, schedule, contractor GMP's, contract management and quality control in compliance with industry and institutional standards.
- Must have strong organizational skills for managing multiple projects and compiling project data.
- Must have strong written and verbal skills for project reporting including to Executive leadership of the organization.
- Manages less complex major capital projects up to $4 Million and occasionally projects of greater value.
- Ensures that projects are successfully completed on schedule, within the approval budget and in accordance with applicable quality standards.
- Guides and manages the Project Team (customers, General Contractor/Construction Manager, Consultants, CIP Construction Services internal resources and Facilities Management groups) to yield productive actions through conflict management and use of good written and verbal communication to ensure a successful project completion.
- Manages A/E teams, construction teams, internal and external project management teams, internal teams, third party consultants, etc. to ensure compliance with design specifications, schedules, and contractual commitments as it pertains to the project.
- Manages contractual compliance and relationships for the assigned projects.
- Defines & implements contractual and financial strategies.
- Coordinate approval procedures with the BOR, and THECB and associated State Agencies.
- Works collaboratively with Purchasing in the preparation of necessary documentation for contract award.
- Supports the ROCIP (as required) and HUB program on the selected projects.
- Develops and manages project documentation, record keeping, financial and activity status reports that are accurate, up-to-date, clear and complete in support of the decision making, issue solving and informing processes of a project.
- Ensures that the project documentation records are organized and stored properly.
- Ensures compliance with, and adheres to, current institutional and industry standards.
- Close out projects to ensure documents are uploaded to eBuilder and properly issued to Facilities Management.
- Monitor the status of project permits and inspections to ensure that they are completed and properly documented.
- Address and manage critical issues impacting project quality and safety.
- Use of eBuilder for the project management system.
- Demonstrate strong leadership in managing all consultants, contractors, and project teams internal and external.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.