Project Specialist - Health System Affairs
Job Number: 372969
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 725000 - HSO-HS Strategic Initiatives
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Leads projects/initiatives utilizing project management tools, techniques, and methodologies. Responsible for various project management duties, which require thorough understanding of, and adherence to principles` of project management; may perform project tasks as required by the project plan.
- Responsible for documenting project risks, issues, assumptions, & scope. Identify & propose project resourcing. Update stakeholders with status reports.
- Responsible for working with Health System operations to perform current state assessment and document business case, workflows, and projected business results for strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for performing project tasks including basic business process analysis, creation of training and change management plans, as well as other operating support activities that are required to implement major initiatives.
- Works under the direction of the Director, Health System Initiatives to monitor budget, timeline and scope adherence of major initiatives and escalate any variances to Health System Leadership.
- Coordinates with various departments to ensure universal applications of policy; develops and implements procedures to ensure efficiency.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle. Facilitates meetings throughout the project planning and implementation.
- Build, develop and grow any relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct post project reviews and create recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Assist in development of best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- May supervise staff in performance of duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Create charters, project plans, and execute the project plans for projects within the SWHR. Coordinate between the PHSC and the PN.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.