Public Safety Officer -(Part-Time)
Job Number: 89890
Category: Campus Services
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 503000 - University Police
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Graduation from high school, vocational school or equivalent and no experience required.
- Must possess valid Texas driver's license and be eligible to drive a University owned and/or leased motor vehicle.
- Must successfully pass a thorough background investigation.
- Must be able to provide creditable testimony in a court of law.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a verified negative drug screen.
- Provides service to students, employees, and visitors; writes reports; checks permits on vehicles entering and parked on campus directs flow of traffic and parking of cars when needed; issues par parking permits when needed; and issues University parking violation citations.
- Patrols buildings and grounds to check for fires, water leaks, potential security and safety hazards and general building security, reporting all irregularities, emergencies, or suspicious activity.
- Ensures all personnel entering UT Southwestern are properly identified.
- Issues visitor badges and maintains a log of all issued badges. Provides directions to locate buildings and offices and other general information to visitors.
- Patrols buildings and grounds on foot or in vehicle to provide security and prevent crime.
- Writes reports on incidents occurring on campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must meet standard job code requirements.
- The position is a part time job.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.