Job Number: 370984
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 510004 - Purchasing
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in science, healthcare, or business related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in Supply Chain Management, administration, purchasing, or sourcing, including the review and understanding of legal contracts, terms, and conditions.
- Healthcare-related experience preferred.
- Research and facilitate multiple procurement methods from which to select suppliers for competitive bidding, direct negotiations, and relationship building while planning and placing purchase orders in support of capital goods and services
- This position may require strong technical and analytical skills in support of mid-to-complex reporting utilizing data extracts from various programs, including to Excel, Access, EDW, and various benchmarking/spend tools.
- Purchasing Specialist will work in concert with various departments through Attaina or related software for collaboration in achieving milestones and goals pertaining to any procurement projects within UT System.
- Facilitates the sourcing of products, equipment, and services for UT Southwestern in collaboration with end-users, Group Purchasing Organizations, and Contracts Management in alliance with contract compliance and expense reduction initiatives.
- Responsible for ongoing vendor relationship and management.
- Coordinates with end-users in preparation of procurement strategies.
- Reviews contracts to ensure that terms are in accordance with UT Southwestern policies and procedures.
- Monitors procurements for determination of HUB opportunities and insurance compliance in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Provides effective record keeping ensuring that all project documents are readily assessable.
- Compile information and respond to internal and external audit requests.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.