Job Number: 529334
Category: Allied Health
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 705271 - RAD Clin VIR Clinics
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Certification as a Registered Radiologist Assistant (RRA) by the ARRT.
Texas Radiologist Assistant License - temporary acceptable for new graduates until permanent license is issued upon receipt of passing Radiologist Assistant National Certifying Examination Scores (within one year of hire).
Basic Life Support certified.
- Review of patients' medical record to verify appropriateness of exam or procedure and report significant findings to radiologist; interview patients to obtain, verify or update medical history; explain procedure to patient or significant others, including risks, benefits and other information; obtain informed consent; determine if patient has followed instructions in preparation for the exam; assess risk factors that may contraindicate the procedure.
- Perform & document a radiology-focused physical examination & analysis of data and report findings to supervising radiologist.
- Monitor ECG and recognize abnormal rhythms. Monitor IV therapy for flow rate and complications. Perform urinary catheterization, venipuncture. Participate in the administration of moderate (conscious) sedation and observe and assess patient who has received this sedation. Assess patient's vital signs and level of anxiety/pain and inform radiologist when appropriate. Administer and monitor oxygen as prescribed.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to medical emergencies and activate emergency response systems, including notification of the radiologist.
- Operate a fixed/mobile fluoroscopic unit and assure documentation of fluoroscopy time.
- Explain effects and potential side effects to the patient of the pharmaceutical required for the exam and monitor patient after administration. Administer contrast agents and radiopharmaceuticals as prescribed by the radiologist. Administer general medications as prescribed by the radiologist.
- Perform all procedures in compliance with Standards of Care, facility and regulatory requirements and ARRT Standards of Ethics.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of contacts with patients whether in person or by telephone. Perform CT and MR post-processing. Review imaging procedures, make initial observations, & communicate observations only to the radiologist. Record observations according to approved protocols.
- Communicate radiologist's report to appropriate health care provider consistent with ACR Practice Guideline for Communicating Diagnostic Imaging Findings.
- Provide physician-prescribed pre- and post-procedure care instructions to patients. Perform follow-up patient evaluation, and post-procedure care, and communicate findings to the radiologist. Document information in appropriate record. Write patient admission and/or discharge summary for review and co-signature by radiologist.
- Assist with data collection and review for clinical trials or other research.
- May provide direct supervision to other technicians and/or working supervision to residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.