Registered Nurse (RN) - Care Coordination/Case Manager/Care Transitional Professional - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Job Number: 180000GN
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844519 - Care Coordination
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
- Leads multidisciplinary team developing, refining, updating, and communicating plan of care for defined patient population.
Implements clinical pathways including educational needs of patients/families, monitoring and updating for deviation from plan.
- Partners with community liaisons to proactively manage care transitions assuring seamless transitions between care settings and communications with ongoing providers.
- Collaborates with Social Work, Utilization Review, Clinical Documentation Specialists, and others as necessary to maximize financial/care resources for patient and family.
- Coordinates care with care team to maximize patient throughput and minimize length of stay.
- Rounds on patients daily to monitor & assure effective patient/family preparation for discharge assuring completion of learning/discharge objectives prior to time of planned discharge.
- Communicates effectively with other health care providers, patients, families, other hospital personnel and visitors.
- Demonstrates effective communication with adolescents, adults and older adults.
- Act as a liaison with various departments and ancillary services to ensure all pending orders and results are received in a timely manner.
- Ensures follow up appointments are scheduled prior to patient discharge.
- Responsible for ensuring that discharge instructions related to care coordination needs are documented in discharge instructions and that those elements are understood by patient and family/caregiver.
- Collaborates with physicians, unit manager, unit staff, and interdisciplinary team to ensure safe and timely discharge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.