Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Educator - Full Time
Job Number: 366989
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844080 - Nursing Education
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Masters Degree in Nursing from an ACEN or CCNE accredited nursing program. Or complete within 3 years.
TX RN licensure.
A current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).
5 years experience in the health care field. Preferably a hospital setting.
2. In conjunction with the managers, directors, and clinical leaders, assess, develop, and implement immediate and future learning needs of the unit/department/organization.
3. Models behaviors that reflect life long learning at the local/national level: welcoming students/instructors and identify resources for them, coach staff through clinical advancement processes, fostering the use of evidence-based practice.
4. Serves as a resource to clinical leaders by identifying educational needs of staff, as they relate to changes in service, equipment, or technique.
5. Implements programs to meet educational needs, which may include identifying available internal and external resources
6. Fosters competence and professional growth of staff by facilitating the adoption of practice and policy changes and serving as a role model for interdisciplinary care and education of the patient and family.
7. Provides an appropriate environment for learning. Facilitates adult learning principles by planning and presenting educational activities in a variety of styles.
8. Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall annual Hospital performance improvement targets.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.