Registered Nurse (RN) - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - Full Time Night Shift
Job Number: 81501
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 866112 - NICU
Full/Part Time/PRN: Night Job
- Performs and accurately documents physical, psychosocial, and emotional assessments. All assessments take into consideration age specific criteria (children, adolescents, adults and elder adults).
- Actively anticipates patients and/or patient's family needs and expectations and utilizes these in conjunction with the assessment to develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills in planning and prioritizing nursing care.
- Maintains and utilizes competencies per unit expectation.
- Identifies and implements appropriate nursing interventions based on the completed assessment.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of these interventions. Active coordinator of the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Confers with all members of the health care team in a collaborative fashion.
- Shares information & observations of the patient and/or patient's family in a manner that advocates for optimal patient care.
- Appropriately prioritizes nursing interventions based upon completed assessment.
- Promptly identifies changes in condition as evidenced by nursing assessment, labs, x-rays, etc.
- Reports changes, takes follow-up action as appropriate.
- Actively involves patient, family and/or care-giver informed.
Evaluates implemented interventions and modifies care according to the evaluation.
- Documents interventions and modifications to the plan of care in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to appropriate hospital and/or Department of Nursing policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Incorporates ANA standards, into the provision of safe, quality patient care, utilizing current literature, and research.
- Practices in accordance with our Professional Practice Model - Relationship Based Care & delivers care using our Care Delivery System PACE - Patient Focused, Accountable, Coordinated and Continuous and Evidence Based.
- Provides appropriate & timely answers and/or education to patients, patient's families, significant others and/or caregivers.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education provided including discharge plan of care.
- Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation of understanding from patient, family, significant others and/or /caregivers.
- Demonstrates effective communication based on individual patient needs and learning preferences.
- Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or caregiver to the unit.
- Encourages patient/family participation in care.
- Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family every shift.
- Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with patient input.
- Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in easily understood and appropriate language.
- Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when they will return.
Advocate for resources and support that enhance patient safety and unit/hospital based initiatives.
- Participates in evaluating data to guide decisions regarding unit / department budget formulation and implementation.
- Performs Peer Evaluation to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding performance.
- Holds co-workers accountable for their behavior and compliance with policies and standards.
- Actively intervenes when patient safety is at risk.
- Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and quality/ safety initiatives (EX: patient safety, patient satisfaction, core measures, and infection control).
- Supports efforts to develop and maintain team environment.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and practice improvement teams.
- Shares professional and technical information with colleagues & students.
- Offers self as a resource as needed to others (Ex: preceptor, charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a hand when needed).
- Participates in meetings & on committees & represents the dept. & hospital in community outreach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.