Regulatory Monitoring Analyst - Conflict of Interest Office
Job Number: 1900001B
Category: Professional & Executive
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 201000 - Research Admin COI
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Prefer experience at an academic medical center leading multi-faceted project teams, and developing and successfully implementing work plans based on risk-analysis.
1. Serves as team leader and project manager while conducting regulatory monitoring reviews of various Research Administration functions. Establishes goals, objectives, timelines and quality measures for the team's work and deliverables.
2. Conducts complex assurance/effectiveness reviews of compliance activities in accordance with appropriate standards, metrics, established compliance plan(s) and prescribed departmental/unit/program policies.
3. Develops monitoring plan tools for use in assessment, and the sampling methodologies and solutions to implement post monitoring in the respective area (research team and research offices).
4. Evaluates effectiveness of research regulatory/compliance controls used by reviewed department/unit/program, as well as adherence with all applicable university research policies and procedures. Develops metrics within respective areas of Research Administration for evaluating effectiveness of controls and operational areas.
5. Creates monitoring reports with supporting evidence, and defends findings and recommendations made regarding identified regulatory or procedural deficiencies that may affect research compliance.
6. Assists Vice President for Research Administration and Research Administration Directors in investigations of alleged breaches of policy, misconduct or other acts of non-compliance to determine cause, extent of loss and mechanisms for prevention.
7. Assists Vice President for Research Administration and Research Administration Directors in responding to audit findings identified by Internal Audit and external agencies.
8. Assists with export control reviews referred to Research Administration.
9. Maintains effective working relationships with Research Administration and compliance personnel to achieve objectives of assurance-related assignments, including coordination with the Research Compliance Officer and Research Compliance Committee to ensure operational activities integrate with institutional compliance activities.
10. Remains abreast of current developments and topics in research administration and research regulatory compliance, and coordinates with respective areas of Research Administration to disseminate information.
11. Works with respective areas of Research Administration to coordinate and maintain policies and procedures, and to maintain compliance-related education and training materials. Develops and conducts training sessions on compliance-related topics for research administrative areas, as needed.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.