Research Assistant I - Cell Biology - Conacci - Sorrell Lab
Job Number: 529161
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 231424 - Conacci-Sorrell Lab
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and one (1) year research experience at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
Two (2) years college with emphasis in coursework in field of assignment and four (4) years research experience including two (2) years at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
High school graduation or GED and six (6) years research experience to include two (2) years at level of Research Technician or equivalent.
- Performs more difficult scientific and medical research work in science area such as biology, chemistry, physics, or other related scientific field.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Records and evaluates data obtained from work assignments for use in scientific papers.
- Collaborates with supervisor or other research personnel in preparation of scientific papers for publication.
Reads literature and confers with supervisor concerning procedures and implementation.
- Collects and organizes research data for project reports.
May plan for, and provide working supervision to, work of Research Technicians or other laboratory personnel of lower grade.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.