Research Assistant II - Neurology & Neurotherapeutics - Pediatrics Section
Job Number: 528779
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 241950 - NE Neuro Pediatrics Section
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and one (1) year experience as Research Assistant I or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and two (2) years experience to include one (1) year as Research Assistant I or equivalent.
Completion of two (2) years of college or specialized training in histology, serology, medical technology, etc. and five (5) years experience to include one (1) year as Research Assistant I or equivalent.
High school graduation with courses in basic sciences and seven (7) years experience to include one (1) year as Research Assistant I or equivalent.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises assigned research projects, which may be limited as segment of larger project, exercising responsibility for project performance and accountability for progress; and/or personally performs advanced scientific and medical research work, suggesting modifications to, or improvements in, design of research projects, presenting original ideas for follow-up studies, and recommending utilization of new or revised techniques and procedures to obtain desired results.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates experimental or other special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Assembles and analyzes research data.
- Assists in preparation of research material for reports or publication.
- May supervise group of Research Technicians and/or Research Assistants of lower grade, making work assignments, advising on work procedures and reviewing work in process and upon completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DESIRED: Experience with Mouse Behavioral Testing