Research Assistant II - Pediatrics Infectious Diseases
Job Number: 529213
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 238219 - Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and two (2) years experience to include one (1) year as Research Assistant I or equivalent.
Completion of two (2) years of college or specialized training in histology, serology, medical technology, etc. and five (5) years experience to include one (1) year as Research Assistant I or equivalent.
High school graduation with courses in basic sciences and seven (7) years experience to include one (1) year as Research Assistant I or equivalent.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises assigned research projects, which may be limited as segment of larger project, exercising responsibility for project performance and accountability for progress; and/or personally performs advanced scientific and medical research work, suggesting modifications to, or improvements in, design of research projects, presenting original ideas for follow-up studies, and recommending utilization of new or revised techniques and procedures to obtain desired results.
- Constructs, assembles, and operates experimental or other special designed laboratory apparatus and equipment.
- Assembles and analyzes research data.
- Assists in preparation of research material for reports or publication.
- May supervise group of Research Technicians and/or Research Assistants of lower grade, making work assignments, advising on work procedures and reviewing work in process and upon completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.