Research Associate - Cell Biology
Job Number: 83221
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 353012 - CB-Lab Huang
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and four (4) years of laboratory experience including two years at level of Research Assistant II or equivalent.
- Recommends and/or initiates new or modified procedures and techniques based upon latest developments in assigned field or analysis of research data.
- Performs computer programming for accumulation and analysis of research data.
- Designs, constructs, repairs, or modifies electronic and/or mechanical equipment or apparatus used in experiments and research projects.
- Instructs medical students, graduate students, residents, or other laboratory personnel of lower grade with respect to techniques, procedures, and equipment utilized in research or experiments.
- Assists principal investigator and other professional personnel in writing of reports and papers for publication.
- May provide working supervision to employees of lower grade engaged in performance of variety of difficult and complex laboratory work tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Responsibilities
A research associate position is available inin the Department of Cell Biology at UTSouthwestern Medical Center to study mechanisms underlying hematopoiesis, niche-hematopoiesis interaction, and leukemia.
Candidates witha Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree are strongly preferred, and ideal candidates would have a strong background in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or developmental biology.It is preferred that the candidate be able to work with animal or human tissue models. Prior experience with animal models (mice) and hematology, leading to publication in peer-reviewed journals is recommended. To apply please submit CV, a summary of research interest and experience, and a list of three references.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.