Research Associate - Community Prevention & Intervention
Job Number: 97204
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 250004 - Commty Prevention%26Intervention
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Masters degree with major coursework in field of assignment and three (3) years of laboratory experience including at least two years at level of Research Assistant II or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and four (4) years of laboratory experience including two years at level of Research Assistant II or equivalent.
This candidate will have a supervisory role over a temporary staff of participant interviewers/HIV testers on the NHBS, as required by the funder. This candidate will participate in recruitment of participants, processing in new participants to the project as well as finalizing all participant interactions and distribution of incentives. This candidate will assist in writing reports for submission to funding source as required. Recruitment for and facilitating of focus groups and key informant interviews will be a requirement for this position, as is assisting the project coordinator in analyzing and properly disseminating this information to the funder and key groups within the participants communities. This candidate must be qualified to drive the project mobile unit to project sites. A bilingual candidate is strongly preferred.
- Recommends and/or initiates new or modified procedures and techniques based upon latest developments in assigned field or analysis of research data.
- Performs computer programming for accumulation and analysis of research data.
- Designs, constructs, repairs, or modifies electronic and/or mechanical equipment or apparatus used in experiments and research projects.
- Instructs medical students, graduate students, residents, or other laboratory personnel of lower grade with respect to techniques, procedures, and equipment utilized in research or experiments.
- Assists principal investigator and other professional personnel in writing of reports and papers for publication.
- May provide working supervision to employees of lower grade engaged in performance of variety of difficult and complex laboratory work tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.