Research Associate - PD-Nephrology
Job Number: 89961
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 423015 - PD-Nephrology
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Master's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and three (3) years of laboratory experience including at least two years at level of Research Assistant II or equivalent.
Bachelor's degree with major coursework in field of assignment and four (4) years of laboratory experience including two years at level of Research Assistant II or equivalent.
Studies will focus on the pathways of renal ion channels in calcium and magnesium regulation such as kidney stones, kidney disease, and diabetes mellitus. This is an opportunity for a talented researcher to expand their skills in the study of protein biochemistry, co-immunoprecipitation cell culture, development of stable cell lines, primary cell culture from mouse kidney, and qPCR. Requirements: PhD. Or MD, technical skills in protein biochemistry, molecular biology, experience in cell culture and development of stable cell lines.
- Recommends and/or initiates new or modified procedures and techniques based upon latest developments in assigned field or analysis of research data.
- Performs computer programming for accumulation and analysis of research data.
- Designs, constructs, repairs, or modifies electronic and/or mechanical equipment or apparatus used in experiments and research projects.
- Instructs medical students, graduate students, residents, or other laboratory personnel of lower grade with respect to techniques, procedures, and equipment utilized in research or experiments.
- Assists principal investigator and other professional personnel in writing of reports and papers for publication.
- May provide working supervision to employees of lower grade engaged in performance of variety of difficult and complex laboratory work tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.