Research Registered Nurse Senior - Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
Job Number: 529028
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 240300 - Cardio Thoracic Surgery
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
- Performs advanced research nursing care, nursing assessment, and data collection for clinical research.
- Obtains informed consent from patients.
- Maintains patient census records.
- Coordinates clinical research data, such as: medical histories, data collection of patient's charts for retrospective review studies, patient physiologic performance results and laboratory determinations, calculations of derived information, and maintenance of general research protocols and complex inpatient protocols.
- Develops procedures for inpatient and outpatient activities.
- Trains other research nurses in specialized skills and knowledge necessary to perform variety basic and complex research data collection and nursing care; provides in-service education to staff members.
- Provides working supervision to nursing staff and/or other non- licensed medical or office support personnel.
- Assists in resolving problems relating to patient care.
- Assists in organizing and preparing collected data for subsequent publication.
- Attends and participates in meetings relating to clinic activities.
- May maintain inventory of investigational drugs.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Other responsibilities: Independent management of clinical research trials for Cardiothoracic surgeons; will include medical devices, transplant and investigator initiated research, will have shared call and travel to local and national meetings will be required approximately 1-3 times per year.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; gender, including sexual harassment; age; disability; citizenship; and veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.