Research Study Coordinator - Psychiatry
Job Number: 78108
Category: Research & Laboratory
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 426028 - PY-Mood Disorders
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in related field and three (3) years research data management and patient interviewing experience in delivery of health care services or experience in behavioral, social science, or clinical applied research.
- Develops, coordinates, and reviews research study procedures to ensure receipt, completeness, and accuracy of research data required for studies.
- Coordinates all regulatory aspects, such as preparing safety reports, adverse events, FDA compliance, drug company monitoring, laboratory standards; and laboratory standards; maintains databases related to these regulatory aspects.
- Coordinates aggregation and maintenance of local and national research data required to ascertain and identify research study outcomes; oversees and may perform entry of research data, coding, retrievals, adjustments, additions, and computer backups.
- May develop and monitor budgets; negotiates participant rates; approves expenditures; pays invoices; reconciles accounts associated with studies.
- Develops and prepares statistical research reports, charts, and graphs as required during research studies.
- Assists in design of research survey forms to capture required participant information; interviews research study subjects and/or family members to gather research study information.
- Develops procedures to determine subject eligibility; screens, recruits, and enrolls subjects, ensuring and documenting proper informed consent; tracks subjects' information from multiple projects. Prepares informed consent forms for subjects' families.
- Coordinates collection and data management of national research studies from multiple projects by interacting with internal and external research data managers, patients, and physicians for coordination of tissue samples, lab data and protocols, and other statistical information concerning research study subjects.
- Serves as primary liaison and prepares annual reports for federal, state, and/or local agencies. Informs Institutional Review Board of amendments to research studies; prepares protocols and detailed summaries in lay terms of any new research study.
- May provide full supervision to personnel of lower grade.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.