RN Bed Control Transfer Center - PRN Nights
Job Number: 180000EL
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 844523 - Bed Control
Full/Part Time/PRN: Night Job
Schedule: Per Diem - PRN
Experience and Education
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of Siemens system, EPIC, and Outlook preferred.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication with internal stakeholders and external customers while securing the patient's admission or internal transfer.
- Apply clinical expertise and the nursing process to triage and prioritize admission acuity from multiple locations: direct admits, external transfers, ED, onsite clinics and private physician offices.
- Ensure smooth functioning of the patient placement process to reduce wait times & avoid unnecessary movement of patients, serves as an expert clinical resource for patient placement.
- Facilitate the direct admit process by interacting with physicians to ensure telephone triage results in appropriate patient placement
- Notifies Administrative Coordinator or Manager concerning admissions that do not meet the hospitals criteria.
- Demonstrates ongoing competency skills including age-specific competencies, above level problem solving skills & decision-making abilities. Triage and assess patients in admitting if need arises when there is an admission delay due to bed availability.
- Continually seeks new ways to improve processes and increase efficiencies & takes the initiative to communicate recommendations to Administrative Coordinator or Manager.
- Completes all status changes appropriately and within a timely manner. Monitors and reviews for appropriateness of the status change. Alerts case management and admitting if the status is inappropriate for the patient.
- Collaborates with Nursing and Environmental staff to prioritize room cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.