RN Care Coordinator - DSRIP Outreach Program
Job Number: 65229
Location: 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Department: 706000 - HSO-DSRIP Admin
Full/Part Time/PRN: Day Job
This position will provided Care Coordination for the DSRIP program. DSRIP (Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment) is a Wavier 1115 program which works to improve care for the low income and uninsured patients. The program focuses on primary care services for under-served populations. UT Southwestern partners with two community clinics in the program. DSRIP needs help with care continuity and care coordination for the patients in the program. This includes working with patients to ensure they receive the necessary care and it is documented in the EHR.
Coordination will include aiding patients to find appointments for care, reviewing/documenting patient care, and communicating/working with patients on care needs. The program works to ensure we provide quality care for MLIU (Medicaid, Low Income, and Uninsured) patients.
Official Job Title will be Ambulatory Registered Nurse.
*** Due to patient population, it is imperative that applicants are bilingual- Spanish and English. Please note on your application or resume if you are bilingual.
Experience and Education
- Licensure as Registered Nurse by Board of Nurse Examiners for State of Texas.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through a course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA) is required.
- One (1) year of clinical nursing experience is preferred.
- Specialty areas may have increased experience requirements as dictated by clinic or standard of care.
- Bilingual- Spanish and English highly preferred.
- Delivers nursing interventions to assigned patients that are consistent with stated medical plan of care utilizing the nursing process to assess, implement, and record patients' response in the medical record.
- Schedules patients' appointments, tests, and procedures via on-line computer system or telephone, and reinforces physician instructions in person and through telephone contact.
- Provides patient education and documents patient's response in medical record.
- Ensures appropriate patient consents and authorizations are obtained for research and/or medical treatment.
- Triages patient phone inquiries according to physician and/or departmental protocols and documents such actions in patients' medical records.
- Provides working supervision and delegates tasks to licensed vocational nurses, non-licensed medical staff, or office support personnel.
- Proficiency in electronic medical record documentation.
- Participates in the recommendation of policy and/or procedural changes according to nursing expertise.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians during physical exams and medical procedures. Prepares and administers medications as prescribed by physician.
- Inspects equipment and facilities visually and physically to ensure patient safety and proper functioning of equipment. Maintains adequate stock of supplies as required for work area.
- Attends and participates in meetings related to clinical activities.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.